Computer algebra in quantum computing and quantum information theory
Special Session at the 21st International Conference on Applications of Computer Algebra 2015 (ACA2015), July 20-23, 2015, Kalamata, Greece.
|17/08/2015||New! PDF slides of the talks given during the session.|
|21/06/2015||Final version of the session schedule.|
|01/06/2015||Early registration deadline extended to June 10, 2015.|
|18/05/2015||Talk submission deadline extended to June 5, 2015.|
|17/03/2015||Registration and hotel reservation instructions.|
|26/11/2014||Paper submission information updated, LaTeX template for the proceedings.|
|28/10/2014||First version of this page.|
Aims and scope
Quantum information processing provides a plethora of new problems and research topics suitable for tackling using computer algebra systems. This includes the problems of characterizing multipartite entanglement, generation and optimization of quantum computational circuits and analysis of quantum walks and quantum automata. In the reverse direction, quantum algorithms which outperform their classical counterparts may be of use in symbolic calculations (e.g. Grobner Bases).
The aims of this session are to exchange recent results and ideas concerning the application of numerical, symbolic and algebraic methods in quantum information processing and quantum mechanics. Topics to be considered include (but are not limited to):
- simulation and modeling of quantum computation;
- symbolic and numerical methods applied to solving the Schrödinger equation;
- algebraic and geometric analysis of quantum algorithms and protocols;
- methods for constructing and optimizing quantum computational circuits;
- algebraic methods in quantum cryptography;
- quantifying quantum entanglement;
- quantum walks and their utilization for modeling quantum networks;
- quantum automata and algebraic groups;
- logic and algebraic structures from quantum computation;
- quantum programming languages.
- A. Orlowski, From classical universal and reversible logical operations to quantum computation. [abstract]
- V. Gerdt, A. Khvedelidze, Y. Palii, On the orbit space of unitary actions for mixed quantum states. [abstract] [slides]
- J.A. Miszczak, States and channels in quantum mechanics without complex numbers. [abstract] [slides]
- O.G. Karamitrou, C. Tsimpouris, P. Mavridi, K.N. Sgarbas, Web based Quantum Computer Simulator and symbolic extensions. [abstract] [slides]
- A. SaiToh, Practical Difficulty and Techniques in Matrix-Product-State Simulation of Quantum Computing in Hilbert Space and Liouville Space. [abstract] [slides]
- A. Prokopenya, Approximate Quantum Fourier Transform and Applications: Simulation with Wolfram Mathematica. [abstract]
- A. Kissinger, The ZX-calculus and quantum computation. [abstract]
Orlowski <arkadiusz_orlowski[at]sggw.pl> and Alexander
Faculty of Applied Informatics and Mathematics , Warsaw University of Life Sciences
If you are interested in giving a presentation at this session, please email an
abstract to one of the organizers. The duration of a talk is to be 30 minutes
including time for discussion. Tentative deadline for talk submissions is
15th of May, 2015 .
There will be a volume of the Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics series devoted to ACA 2015. For the volume we welcome full versions of papers presented at any of the Special Sessions. Individual contributions will be all refereed to the high quality standards of leading journals in the field. The deadline date of submission will be announced asap. More information can be found on the conference web page.
New! Registration and hotel reservation
The registration page is located at http://tinyurl.com/lpnhckx and it is now active. The link and further information can be found at http://www.singacom.uva.es/ACA2015/registration.html.
Early registration (on-line, by credit card): Student – 100 Eur, Regular – 150 Eur. Late registration (on site, by cash): Student – 150 Eur, Regular – 200 Eur.
Please register as early as possible — early registration deadline is June 1, 2015. Please note that you should book the hotel rooms using the code given at http://www.singacom.uva.es/ACA2015/accommodation.html.
Previous special session Computer Algebra, Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Processing devoted to the applicaitons of computer algebra in quantum information theory has been organized as a part of ACA2013 conference.