- Author: Zbigniew Puchała | Post date: 22.05.2019 | Last modified: 28.05.201929/05/2019 - 13:00Barbara Jasiulis-Gołdyn, Uniwersytet WrocławskiResearch goals of this talk are focused on the renewal theory, some aspects of the fluctuation theory and asymptotic properties for the first order maximal autoregressive processes of the Kendall type, which are discrete time Lévy processes under the Kendall convolution. Since most of the considered processes have heavy tailed distributions, then we rely on the use of results in the theory of extreme event modeling.
- Author: Krzysztof Grochla | Post date: 13.05.2019
ITAI PAS is co-organizing the Conference on Modelling Methods for Computer Systems, Networks and Bioinformatics - ISCIS 2019, which will be held on 14-15 October 2019 , at the Paris Scientific Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences, 74 Rue Lauriston, 75016 Paris.
- Author: Jarosław Miszczak | Post date: 10.05.2019 | Last modified: 10.05.2019
Date:17/05/2019 - 12:00
Speaker:Abuzer Yakaryilmaz, University of Latvia
In this talk, we shortly introduce the emerging field quantum software (quantum programming and quantum machine learning), and then we discuss how we can be involved and then shape the field. We explain why education is our primary focus and how we can use pedagogical tools to attract new generation and people to the field. We share our own experiences, our ongoing projects, and also our upcoming projects. At the end, we discuss possible collaborations.
- Author: Jarosław Miszczak | Post date: 09.05.2019
We are pleased to announce that our employee, Adam Glos, received a START scholarship awarded by the Foundation for Polish Science for the most talented young scientists from all over Poland. Congratulations!
- Author: Zbigniew Puchała | Post date: 06.05.2019 | Last modified: 24.05.2019
Date:10/05/2019 - 13:00
Speaker:Konrad Jałowiecki, Uniwersytet Śląski w Katowicach
We introduce a novel approach to simulate dynamical (linear) systems (quantum or otherwise) parallel in time using quantum annealers. In particular, we describe how the solution state vector can be found by solving a specifically crafted system of linear equations. Moreover, we demonstrate that such systems can, in fact, be effectively solved (up to a given precision) with Quadratic Unconstrained Binary Optimization. This naturally leads to a class of hybrid classical-quantum algorithms that can be implemented and executed on near-term quantum annealers.
- Author: Przemysław Głomb | Post date: 12.04.2019
Director of Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences announces an open competition for an Assistant Professor (pol. adiunkt) position.
Deadline for submitting applications: 2019-05-06 15:00
- Author: Zbigniew Puchała | Post date: 02.04.2019 | Last modified: 30.04.2019
Date:10/04/2019 - 13:15
In this presentation I am goin to show models, algorithms and computational results of CFA (Capacity and Flow Assignment) problem in multi-layer networks. The idea of multilayer, based on MPLS over DWDM architecture, is as follows. The logical links given by paths allocated to demands of the upper layer are constructed using light-paths of the lower layer. In the upper layer we introduce two kinds of traffics: uni-cast (one-to-one) and any cast (one-to-one-of-many).
- Author: Zbigniew Puchała | Post date: 29.03.2019 | Last modified: 09.05.2019
Date:05/04/2019 - 13:00
Speaker:Bartłomiej Gardas, Uniwersytet Jagielloński
We conduct experimental simulations of many-body quantum systems using a hybrid classical-quantum algorithm. In our setup, the wave function of the transverse field quantum Ising model is represented by a restricted Boltzmann machine.
About the Institute
Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences is a research institute whose science activity concentrates in the area of Information Technology. The Institute is also involved in training an advanced level technical and scientific staff and both initiates and participates in projects aimed at development of innovative commercial sector. ITAI takes part in realization of Polish Academy of Sciences' mission of advancement promotion, integration and dissemination of Polish science and contributes to education and national culture.