Our employee, professor Erol Gelenbe has been selected as the chairman of the Informatics Section within Academia Europaea, which has over 400 members from all over Europe.
- Author: Krzysztof Grochla | Post date: 08.02.2023
- Author: Jarosław Miszczak | Post date: 31.01.2023 | Last modified: 07.02.2023
Date:06/02/2023 - 11:00
Speaker:Matyas Koniorczyk, Wigner Research Centre for Physics
In the talk I summarize briefly the state of the art of QUBO (Quadratic Unconstrained Binary Optimization) models. The summary will include an overview of the most important results in classical operations research, the recent achievements of classical solver development, a subjective view on the quantum line, especially concerning DWave. I also summarize briefly the results achieved during the collaboration between groups at IITiS PAN and at Wigner Research Centre for Physics, and presented some of the plans for the near future.
- Author: Łukasz Zimny | Post date: 13.01.2023
The Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics of the Polish Academy of Sciences offers a position of a research assistant in the Security and Performance Evaluation Group.
- Author: Łukasz Zimny | Post date: 28.12.2022
Prof. T. Czachorski attended as a keynote speaker the "International Workshop on Simulation and Modelling Techniques in Science and Engineering" and Conference “The works of Srinivas Ramanujan & their Applications in Science and Engineering" at RJIT, BSF Academy, Tekanpur.
- Author: Joanna Domańska | Post date: 23.12.2022
Today (23/12/2022) the evaluation of projects submitted under competition 1/1.1.1/2022 Fast Track Digital Innovations was completed. We are pleased to announce that the project submitted by Meetlify, ExploreAR: innovative interaction technology using new mechanisms for game-to-user and game-to-environment communication, combining digital and real game elements from the Augmented Reality area, has been qualified for funding. On the part of IITiS, the subcontractor in this project is a team led by Joanna Domańska.
- Author: Krzysztof Grochla | Post date: 21.12.2022
We are happy to announce two new grants awarded to the Internet of Things Group:
- Research project related to the dependability of 5G and 6G networks under the title: " Methodology for Increasing the Dependability of Information Systems for Critical Use with a Heterogeneous Wireless Interface" within the Polonez 2 BIS programme funded by NCN, led by Viacheslav Kovtun
- Cooperation project with the Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France, under the title "Modelling Large Scale IoT Networks Based On Low Power Long Range (Lora) Radio" funded by NAWA Polonium programme, lead by Krzysztof Grochla.
- Author: Jarosław Miszczak | Post date: 05.12.2022 | Last modified: 01.02.2023
Date:07/12/2022 - 12:00
Speaker:Abuzer Yakaryilmaz, University of Latvia
The seminar will include the second part of a lecture on classical and quantum automata. After having a few examples on the DFAs with discussions on their limitations, we introduce their probabilistic and quantum variants. We present a representative algorithm for each of these variants, followed by a discussion on the quantum advantages in finite automata settings. We shortly review the recent implementations of QFA algorithms on real quantum hardware.
- Author: Jarosław Miszczak | Post date: 01.12.2022
We are very pleased to announce that at its meeting on November 18, 2022. Rada Klastra Q - Klastra Technologii Kwantowych accepted the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics of the Polish Academy of Sciences as a member of the cluster. The tasks of Cluster Q are focused on developing the national potential inherent in quantum technologies, integrating Polish enterprises with scientific and research communities and building the future of the Polish quantum sector.