Obtained diplomas and degrees
- Habilitation defended in the discipline of computer science on the 29th of September 2015 at the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science at the Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice.
- Doctoral diploma defended in the discipline of computer science on the 26th of January 2005 in front of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Gliwice
- Master’s degree in computer science defended with honors on the 6th of May 1994 at the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science at the Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice.
Employment in scientific institutions:
- Since 10/1994 Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences in Gliwice.
- From 10/2007 to 08/2012 University of Dabrowa Górnicza, Faculty of Computer Science
Overview of achievements:
During the scientific work carried out after obtaining a doctoral degree, I published 67 publications, including 31 indexed by Web of Science database. 10 publications have the total impact factor 18,819 (according to the Journal Citation Reports list). The Hirsch Index of published papers is equal to 6. The total number of citations of papers, according to the WoS database, is equal to 93.
During the scientific work carried out after obtaining the doctoral degree, I studied the problem of improving the performance of Active Queue Management mechanisms in the presence of self-similar traffic. I also continued the research on the modeling of the network traffic intensity. My PhD thesis initiated the research on this subject. I also studied the problem of data mining related to the medical data collected over several years as a part of the Polish Neonatology Network.
In the years 2006-2014 I was responsible for teaching at the Faculty of Computer Science at the University of Dąbrowa Górnicza. The lectures concerned the modeling of computer systems, databases and data warehouses, Internet programming, numerical methods and analysis of the algorithms.
Since 2013 I am teaching computer networks and web applications designing at Institute of Computer Science at Silesian University of Technology.
In the years 2008-2014 I was a supervisor of 18 engineering works, 19 master’s theses and 23 postgraduate works. Engineering and master’s theses included the thematic scope associated with, the above mentioned, subject of teaching. Decision support systems and data warehouses were subjects of postgraduate works.